READ THIS.. BEGGING...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Huiru

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:20 pm

hey bryan...chilled man...im not sure how u deal with ur parents or how much dey let u out for training...but u gotta noe eveyone's parents are different....therefore u cant expect everyone to have the same responds to the same matter...no one wants to fight with their parents and going back home everyday pulling long faces...u noe dey wun be happy even if dey train n most importantly...not everyone is treating the competition as u do...some ppl might just wanna join for the fun of it n learn something...forcing them into the comp team might make them feel intimidated...instead of always forcing them n always use the "must" rules in stjohn...y not try to talk to dem n listen to what dey wanna say...of coz dey might not have a choice to quit the team but at least dey will be more reluctant when dey are going for training...so what we are late...so what we are early...i think the most important thing is to make dem realise that they are learning something when dey come to training everytime...i think time has changed...forcing might not work in stjohn nowadays...try it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.notinreality.blogspot.com
elay
Admin

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:09 am

hey!! i support you bryan.. they dont train we train la.. even if we never win or wat at least we do our best d.. dui de qi ourself and our responsibility to our school and juniors..let the rest continue like this and see how are they going to face their juniors..a batch of senior for next year who even worse than their junior..no experience no spirit no knowledge and uncapable..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zhenwei

Male
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:25 am

To all seniors of SJAM SSI,

I no that all of u think that we form 3 this year is a bunch of shit that is not taking SJAM matters seriously..but honestly we are not as bad as u guys think..as for training matters..bryan..i already told u rite..is not that we dun wan to come..is we CANT..different..our parents dun let us come out..u dun wan to hear excuses..that i no..but this is not an excuse that we made up to avoid training..if our main purpose is to avoid training then since last year itself we wun come id la..

lyk i said..we cant come cos parents dun allow..u wan us to force..ok..dun say we din try..we tried but they stil dun let..then how??no choice rite..maybe our parents are not lyk all of ur parents that can juz let u out for training anytime u wan..but u muz rmb..lyk huiru said..not all parents are the same u no..i no that u (bryan) got quarrel wif ur parents due to SJAM matters b4..but we juz cant, u get it..of cos parents wan their child to excel in both studies and ko-ko activities..but i think we are already doing more than wat they wan us to do in ko-ko..thats why sumtimes they said its ok if u skip a few times..this is when we tried to explain and persuade them how important every training is..but their mind is already set then we got no other choice rite..i can say our parents dun meet the needs that u guys wan for us to attend training..

and i can say rite..by saying all this to us here dun keep our spirits high but juz deterioraring it..i no surely u guys think that i am VERY VERY stupid for saying i writing all this stuff..but i juz wan to speak out on behalf of my frens..its lyk..u guys are not trusting us anymore..we tried to come for trainings id..ok la..sumtimes we noe that we are wrong for not attending training and we oso feel bad for that..but at least we tried..we din juz dun care about St. John strait away when u guys scold us or stuff rite..we tried to do every thing u wan us to do but till now i think none of wat we did really made all of u satisfied..maybe cos we are not that gud..u guys are better..that we no..we are not perfectionist..but we are not as inexperience, no spirit, no knowledge and uncapable as u guys think we are..we are and still trying to improve ourselves..

I no u guys ll think that wat i wrote here is a bunch of shit juz lyk us..if u think that wat i write cant be acccepted and is wrong in ur point of view then juz dun read it again..ignore it..i am juz writing it out from wat i think..thx..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xi ying

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:59 pm

I no that all of u think that we form 3 this year is a bunch of shit that is not taking SJAM matters seriously

What makes u o tink we o tink like tat??
i believe tat de comments made by bryan n elay is not a form of critism..it's their advise as well as a form of encouragement 2 inspire u o 2 work harder, b4 everytings gt 2 late...

Ya..dif parents sure hav dif view...but u o shud find out y dey dun let u o come?? Dey tink u o come 2 often?? 2 active in koko? Den u o shud convince dem tat if u o din make use of dis holiday time 2 practise well, it ll gt harder n harder when u o strive only when sch starts..

Den since u o noe tat can hardly train often, so use well of each training time..set up goals 4 each training n seek 4 improvement everytime..dun waste de time...

N dun ever gt disappointed..Keep ur semangat on regardless wad happen.Overcome ur probs patiently..Always inspire ur team mates n work hard 2 achieve ur goals..GAMBATE!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huiru

Female

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:02 pm

Ya..dif parents sure hav dif view...but u o shud find out y dey dun let u o come?? Dey tink u o come 2 often?? 2 active in koko? Den u o shud convince dem tat if u o din make use of dis holiday time 2 practise well, it ll gt harder n harder when u o strive only when sch starts..

i agree with xiying on this...someone told me that if u sit down and talk to your parents about this...its might actually work sometimes...parents are not happy because dey din really noe what ur up to in school doing trainings...this shud be a way...

but probably seniors shud tackle this prob in a diff way too...keep pushing dem might not be the way den try others...try to put urself in their shoes...n look at things in a diff perspective...prob u can find another way settle this?
Back to top Go down
Huiru

Female

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:02 pm

n zhen wei...its good that u can voice out here...good luck...
Back to top Go down
se xian

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:34 am

pls allow me to give some suggestions...

1) Muz we oways train at skul? i tink u guys can do trainning at one of the teammate's house right? Train in front of ur parents, show them u n ur frens r not juz having fun.

2) since parents dont allow u to attend trainning, u still can practise ur basic skills: RBS, bandaging, CPR, splinting n many more, i have forgotten. Dont forget to train stamina n study theory also a.

GAMBATTE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wretch.cc/blog/sexian
se xian

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:37 am

pls allow me to give some suggestions...

1) Muz we oways train at skul? i tink u guys can do trainning at one of the teammate's house right? Train in front of ur parents, show them u n ur frens r not juz having fun.

2) since parents dont allow u to attend trainning, u still can practise ur basic skills: RBS, bandaging, CPR, splinting n many more, i have forgotten. Dont forget to train stamina n study theory also a.

GAMBATTE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wretch.cc/blog/sexian
zhenwei

Male

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:44 pm

hi..thx for all ur advices...we ll try it out if possible..erm..sori also if wat i wrote is a little too over..i dun mean to hurt others thru this..sori and thx again for the advices..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zhenwei

Male

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:45 pm

Huiru wrote:
n zhen wei...its good that u can voice out here...good luck...

thx huiru..we ll do our best..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
been thru it

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:36 pm

hmm i wonder if my previous comment went thru?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
been thru it

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:14 pm

ok. i had actually type a super duper long comment here but well basically the whole comment din get thru. Don ask me why, but this taught me the 1st lesson of the year, copy and paste each comment u type, especially the long long ones before u hit the send button.

Neway, i guess i will just have to retype EVERYTHING but yes, it wont b the exact super duper long one. My 1st impression fr reading Bryan's post was that i can sense his anxiousness and almost desperation to cry out to all the SSI teams to train hard and win the competition. I sense a senior who really wants to win but almost at his wits ends.

Well, as an ex St.John competitor who had been thru v tough trainings, both mentally and physically, i can say that 95% of us will definitely face the parents problems. Parents have thousands and one reason for not allowing us to go for trainings such as worry for our safety, worry that we neglect our studies, worry that u will use trainings as an excuse to go lepakking, dating, visiting cc's instead, too pamper u and dont wna u get all sunburn and muscle aches etc etc.

It is NEVER wise to 'force' ur parents to let u go for trainings or fight with them over it. Of course, some may choose to ignore their parents nagging and just go for trainings and bear with the parents long faces. But y not try before starting ur trainings, talk and explain to ur parents nicely? Let them noe of what are u going to do for the whole holiday, explain of why St. John is different fr alot of other koko that requires u to go back to sch during the holidays, ur aim, ur goals, ur targets and the benefits of it? And assure them that u will not neglect ur studies too. Although that be very hard during the 1st few months especially when comp is near and parents will b more worry and nag more, but trust me, ST. John will not be a factor to hinder u fr performing in ur exams. There are many living testimonials to that, and im just one of them. I was in competition in form 3 and even have to trained all the way to national but i still managed to score straight A's in PMR. Maybe u all will think PMR is easy so that's why, but i was also actively involved in St. John till form 5 and i also scored straight A's in SPM. Im not trying to brag here about how smart im, but i just wna u all to noe, im just one of the many that had done equally well, if not better even though they are active in St. John. Im not any smarter or superior than any1 of u here, but u just need to work out the balance.

Dont make empty talks with ur parents but try to compromise and give and take. If they do not understand of why u all need so much trainings or what do u all do in trainings, invite them to go watch u all train. If they are reali so busy and cant go sch to watch u all train, then invite ur team to go to ur hse and show them of what u all been practicing all this while. I'm sure when ur parents c such great sincerity and determination, they will be touch and will lend u all their support too.

Besides i believe also that no seniors will ever mean to say that their juniors are useless. Being in both shoes b4, i can identify with both way feelings. Seniors, dont over pressurize urself and ur juniors. Be strict but also leaves space to hear the juniors voices. Even when u all r pressurize, think b4 u speak. Sometimes u may nv mean it that way, but by using the wrong words to express, it can hurt the self esteem of the juniors easily. Be patient with the juniors. Juniors, dont ever think that the seniors love to scold u all or hand down punishments. In fact i dont think any seniors like to be doing that, scolding u all and gain the reputation of the 'garang' one. Maybe they r just too strict at times. It's not easy being a senior and being in that position and u will noe it someday. Try to listen to ur seniors and appreciate them (unless they r really that terrible). Noe that they just wna the best for u all. I encourage heart to heart talk to settle out any disagreement or unhappiness.

Anyone going for the competition shd hav the ultimate aim to win at least district level. If u r in the comp just to have fun, to gain experience or to add more marks to ur koko activities, pls do not waste ur own, teammates and seniors time. Trainings for comp gotta be one of toughest challenges in ur secondary sch life, but it will teach u a lot and u will learn a lot fr this. As the saying goes, no pain, no gain. Time may be the limiting factor, so make use of the chance u all gt to train 2gede and train hard. although winning is not guarantee, even with all the sacrifices, there can only be one champion at the comp. But dont ever get dejected, as long as u all had try the ur v best, u noe that u all r champions in each of ur own heart.

Competition is about 3 months away so there's still time. Good luck and all the best SSI. Never say die =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: READ THIS.. BEGGING...   

Back to top Go down

READ THIS.. BEGGING...
Page 1 of 1